"The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved a supplemental biologics license application for use of etanercept (Enbrel, Amgen) in children aged 4 years and older with chronic moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis who are candidate"...
Patients using topical corticosteroids should receive the following information and instructions:
- This medication is to be used as directed by the physician. It is for external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes.
- Patients should be advised not to use this medication for any disorder other than that for which it was prescribed.
- The treated skin area should not be bandaged or otherwise covered or wrapped as to be occlusive unless directed by the physician.
- Patients should report any signs of local adverse reactions especially under occlusive dressing.
- Parents of pediatric patients should be advised not to use tight-fitting diapers or plastic pants on an infant or child being treated in the diaper area, as these garments may constitute occlusive dressings.
Last reviewed on RxList: 12/5/2016
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional ApexiCon E Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.