In this Article
- Aphasia facts*
- What is aphasia?
- Who has aphasia?
- What are the types of aphasia?
- What is the treatment for aphasia?
- What is the prognosis for aphasia?
- What research is being done for aphasia?
- Find a local Neurologist in your town
What research is being done for aphasia?
The NINDS and the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders conduct and support a broad range of scientific investigations to increase our understanding of aphasia, find better treatments, and discover improved methods to restore lost function to people who have aphasia.
Medically reviewed by Jon Glass, MD; American board of Psychiatry and Neurology
"NINDS Aphasia Information Page." National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. 14 Feb. 2014.
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2014
Get breaking medical news.