- Patient Information:
Details with Side Effects
- Apply the paste as soon as possible after noticing the symptoms of an aphthous ulcer. Continue to use the paste four times daily, preferably following oral hygiene after breakfast, lunch, dinner, and at bedtime.
- Dry the ulcer(s) by gently patting it with a soft, clean cloth.
- Wash your hands before applying the Aphthasol (amlexanox) .
- Moisten the tip of your index finger.
- Squeeze a dab of paste approximately 1/4 inch (0.5 cm) onto a finger tip.
- Gently dab the Aphthasol (amlexanox) on to the ulcer. Repeat the process if you have more than one ulcer.
- Wash your hands when you are done applying Aphthasol (amlexanox) .
- Wash eyes promptly if they should come in contact with the paste.
- Use the paste until the ulcer heals. If significant healing or pain relief has not occurred in 10 days, consult your dentist or physician.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
Last reviewed on RxList: 6/2/2009
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Aphthasol Information
Aphthasol - User Reviews
Aphthasol User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
WebMD Oral Health
Get tips for a healthy mouth.