"A unique type of poster placed in exam rooms helped reduce unnecessary antibiotic prescriptions for respiratory infections during flu season. The approach could help reduce costs and extend the usefulness of these drugs.
Aralen Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is chloroquine (Aralen)?
- What are the possible side effects of chloroquine (Aralen)?
- What is the most important information I should know about chloroquine (Aralen)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking chloroquine (Aralen)?
- How should I take chloroquine (Aralen)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Aralen)?
- What happens if I overdose (Aralen)?
- What should I avoid while taking chloroquine (Aralen)?
- What other drugs will affect chloroquine (Aralen)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking chloroquine (Aralen)?
Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you have
- had a previous allergic reaction to chloroquine;
- glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G-6-PD) deficiency;
- porphyria; or
- liver disease.
You may not be able to take chloroquine, or you may require a dosage adjustment or special monitoring during your therapy if you have any of the conditions listed above.
It is not known whether chloroquine will be harmful to an unborn baby. Do not take chloroquine without first talking to your doctor if you are pregnant or could become pregnant during treatment.
It is not known how chloroquine will affect a nursing infant. Do not take chloroquine without first talking to your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take chloroquine (Aralen)?
Take chloroquine exactly as directed by your doctor. If you do not understand these directions, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain them to you.
Take each dose with a full glass of water.
Take chloroquine with food to lessen stomach upset.
It is important to take chloroquine regularly to get the most benefit.
Store chloroquine at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Additional Aralen Information
Aralen - User Reviews
Aralen User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.