"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is alerting hospitals, health care professionals, and patients of a voluntary recall of all non-expired drug products produced and distributed for sterile use by Abrams Royal Compounding Pharmacy in Dallas, T"...
Aralen Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Aralen Phosphate
Generic Name: chloroquine (Pronunciation: KLOR oh kwin)
- What is chloroquine (Aralen)?
- What are the possible side effects of chloroquine (Aralen)?
- What is the most important information I should know about chloroquine (Aralen)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking chloroquine (Aralen)?
- How should I take chloroquine (Aralen)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Aralen)?
- What happens if I overdose (Aralen)?
- What should I avoid while taking chloroquine (Aralen)?
- What other drugs will affect chloroquine (Aralen)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is chloroquine (Aralen)?
Chloroquine is an antimalarial drug. The exact way that chloroquine works is unknown.
Chloroquine is used to treat and to prevent malaria. Chloroquine is also used to treat infections caused by amoebae.
Chloroquine may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
Aralen 500 mg
round, pink, imprinted with W, A77
Chloroquine 250 mg-GLO
round, white, imprinted with 0115 2790
Chloroquine 500 mg-GLO
round, white, imprinted with 7010
What are the possible side effects of chloroquine (Aralen)?
Stop taking chloroquine and seek emergency medical attention if you experience an allergic reaction (flushing; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; vision problems; rash; itching; or fever).
Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to take chloroquine and talk to your doctor if you experience
- visual disturbances such as blurred vision, misty vision, and difficulty focusing;
- hearing loss or ringing in the ears;
- diarrhea, nausea, stomach pain or upset, vomiting, or loss of appetite;
- muscle weakness; or
- a rash.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Aralen (chloroquine) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about chloroquine (Aralen)?
Use caution when driving or performing other hazardous activities until you know how this medication affects you. Chloroquine may cause visual disturbances such as blurred vision, misty vision, and difficulty focusing. Report any vision or hearing changes to your doctor.
Additional Aralen Information
Aralen - User Reviews
Aralen User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.