"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Adempas (riociguat) to treat adults with two forms of pulmonary hypertension.
Pulmonary hypertension is caused by abnormally high blood pressure in the arteries of the lungs. It make"...
- Clinician Information:
Arcapta Neohaler Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Arcapta Neohaler
Generic Name: indacaterol (inhalation) (Pronunciation: In da KA ter ol)
- What is indacaterol (Arcapta Neohaler)?
- What are the possible side effects of indacaterol (Arcapta Neohaler)?
- What is the most important information I should know about indacaterol (Arcapta Neohaler)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking indacaterol (Arcapta Neohaler)?
- How should I take indacaterol (Arcapta Neohaler)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Arcapta Neohaler)?
- What happens if I overdose (Arcapta Neohaler)?
- What should I avoid while taking indacaterol (Arcapta Neohaler)?
- What other drugs will affect indacaterol (Arcapta Neohaler)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is indacaterol (Arcapta Neohaler)?
Indacaterol is a bronchodilator. It works by relaxing muscles in the airways to improve breathing.
Indacaterol is used as an inhaled medication to prevent bronchospasm in people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including bronchitis or emphysema. Indacaterol is not for use in treating asthma.
Indacaterol may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of indacaterol (Arcapta Neohaler)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using indacaterol and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- chest pain, tremors, fast heart rate, pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest;
- new or worsening cough, fever, trouble breathing;
- swelling of your ankles or feet;
- bronchospasm (wheezing, chest tightness, trouble breathing);
- feeling suddenly short of breath;
- low potassium (confusion, uneven heart rate, extreme thirst, increased urination, leg discomfort, muscle weakness or limp feeling);
- high blood sugar (increased thirst, increased urination, hunger, dry mouth, fruity breath odor, drowsiness, dry skin, blurred vision, weight loss); or
- worsening of your condition.
Less serious side effects may include:
- throat pain;
- muscle pain or spasm; or
- cold symptoms such as stuffy nose, sinus pain, sneezing, cough.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Arcapta Neohaler (indacaterol inhalation powder) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about indacaterol (Arcapta Neohaler)?
This medication may increase the risk of asthma-related death. It is critical that you use only the prescribed dose of this medicine and follow all patient instructions for safe use of the medication.
Before you use this medicine, tell your doctor if you have heart disease, high blood pressure, coronary artery disease, a heart rhythm disorder, seizures, diabetes, a thyroid disorder, or lactose intolerance.
Call your doctor right away if your symptoms do not improve, or if they get worse while using indacaterol. Tell your doctor if any of your medications do not seem to work as well in preventing attacks.
Do not stop using indacaterol without your doctor's advice. Your asthma symptoms may get worse after you stop using the medication.
Additional Arcapta Neohaler Information
- Arcapta Neohaler Drug Interactions Center: indacaterol inhl
- Arcapta Neohaler Side Effects Center
- Arcapta Neohaler FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.