Aristospan Injection 20
"What are allergies?
Allergies occur when the body's immune system responds to a substance it considers an "invader." Substances that provoke the immune system into an allergic response are known as allergens. There is no such thing as a"...
Aristospan Injection 20 mg
Aristospan Injection 20 mg Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Aristospan Injection, Clinacort, Kenalog-10, Kenalog-40, Ken-Jec 40, TAC 3, Triamonide 40, U-Tri-Lone
Generic Name: triamcinolone (injection) (Pronunciation: trye am SIN oh lone)
- What is triamcinolone injection (Aristospan Injection 20 mg)?
- What are the possible side effects of triamcinolone injection?
- What is the most important information I should know about triamcinolone injection?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before receiving triamcinolone injection?
- How is triamcinolone injection given?
- What happens if I miss a dose?
- What happens if I overdose?
- What should I avoid while receiving triamcinolone injection?
- What other drugs will affect triamcinolone injection?
- Where can I get more information?
What is triamcinolone injection (Aristospan Injection 20 mg)?
Triamcinolone injection is a steroid. It prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation.
Triamcinolone injection is injected into the joint space to treat inflammation of the joints or tendons to treat arthritis, bursitis, or epicondylitis (tennis elbow). It is usually given in these conditions only as a short-term treatment of a severe or aggravated episode.
Triamcinolone injection is injected into soft tissues of the body to treat certain skin disorders caused by autoimmune conditions such as lupus, psoriasis, lichen planus, and others.
Triamcinolone injection may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of triamcinolone injection?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- fast, slow, or uneven heart rate;
- feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- swelling, rapid weight gain;
- dangerously high blood pressure (severe headache, buzzing in your ears, anxiety, confusion, chest pain);
- problems with your vision;
- eye swelling, redness, discomfort, or drainage (may be signs of infection);
- severe depression, changes in mood or behavior;
- seizure (convulsions); or
- muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness.
Less serious side effects may include:
- nausea, bloating, appetite changes;
- stomach or side pain;
- headache, sleep problems (insomnia);
- acne, scaling, or other skin changes;
- a wound that is slow to heal;
- thinning hair;
- bruising or swelling;
- sweating more than usual; or
- irregular menstrual periods.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Aristospan Injection 20 mg (triamcinolone hexacetonide injectable suspension) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about triamcinolone injection?
You should not receive this medication if you are allergic to triamcinolone, or if you have a condition called idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP).
Before receiving triamcinolone injection, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs, or if you have any type of infection (including tuberculosis), a thyroid disorder, a muscle disorder, stomach or intestinal problems, or if you have recently had a heart attack.
Long-term use of steroids can also cause harmful effects on your eyes. Your doctor may want you to have regular eye exams while you are receiving triamcinolone injection.
Steroids can affect growth in children. Talk with your doctor if you think your child is not growing at a normal rate while using this medication.
Steroids can lower the blood cells that help your body fight infections, making it easier for you to get sick from being around others who are ill, or from bacteria in a skin wound. Use caution to prevent illness, infection, or injury.
Do not receive a "live" vaccine while you are being treated with triamcinolone injection. The live vaccine may not work as well during this time, and may not fully protect you from disease.
Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Call your doctor for preventive treatment if you are exposed to chicken pox or measles. These conditions can be serious or even fatal in people who are using steroids.
Additional Aristospan Injection 20 mg Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options