"June 18, 2014 -- Both acupuncture and bee-venom acupuncture improved symptoms in people with Parkinson's disease, a small study shows.
Acupuncture has been used for years in Asia to relieve Parkinso"...
Artane Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is trihexyphenidyl (Artane)?
- What are the possible side effects of trihexyphenidyl (Artane)?
- What is the most important information I should know about trihexyphenidyl (Artane)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking trihexyphenidyl (Artane)?
- How should I take trihexyphenidyl (Artane)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Artane)?
- What happens if I overdose (Artane)?
- What should I avoid while taking trihexyphenidyl (Artane)?
- What other drugs will affect trihexyphenidyl (Artane)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking trihexyphenidyl (Artane)?
Do not use trihexyphenidyl without first talking to your doctor if you have
- ever had an allergic reaction to it;
- narrow-angle glaucoma;
- an obstruction in the bowel or a complication of bowel disease known as megacolon; or
- myasthenia gravis.
Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you have
- enlargement of the prostate or difficulty urinating;
- epilepsy or another seizure disorder;
- heart disease or an irregular heartbeat;
- depression or any other psychiatric illness;
- kidney disease; or
- liver disease.
You may require a dosage adjustment or special monitoring during treatment if you have any of the conditions listed above.
It is not known whether trihexyphenidyl will be harmful to an unborn baby. Do not take this medication without first talking to your doctor if you are pregnant or could become pregnant during treatment.
It is not known whether trihexyphenidyl passes into breast milk. Do not take this medication without first talking to your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take trihexyphenidyl (Artane)?
Take trihexyphenidyl exactly as directed by your doctor. If you do not understand these directions, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain them to you.
Take each dose with a full glass of water.
Trihexyphenidyl may be taken with or without meals. Taking trihexyphenidyl with food may lessen stomach upset.
To ensure that you get a correct dose, measure the liquid form of trihexyphenidyl with a special dose-measuring spoon or cup, not with a regular table spoon. If you do not have a dose-measuring device, ask your pharmacist where you can get one.
Store trihexyphenidyl at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Additional Artane Information
- Artane Drug Interactions Center: trihexyphenidyl oral
- Artane Side Effects Center
- Artane Overview including Precautions
- Artane FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Artane - User Reviews
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get breaking medical news.