In this Article
- What other names is Artemisia Herba-alba known by?
- What is Artemisia Herba-alba?
- How does Artemisia Herba-alba work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Artemisia Herba-alba.
Medications for diabetes (Antidiabetes drugs)
Interaction Rating: Moderate Be cautious with this combination.
Talk with your health provider.
Artemisia herba-alba might decrease blood sugar. Diabetes medications are also used to lower blood sugar. Taking Artemisia herba-alba along with diabetes medications might cause your blood sugar to go too low. Monitor your blood sugar closely. The dose of your diabetes medication might need to be changed.
Some medications used for diabetes include glimepiride (Amaryl), glyburide (Diabeta, Glynase PresTab, Micronase), insulin, pioglitazone (Actos), rosiglitazone (Avandia), chlorpropamide (Diabinese), glipizide (Glucotrol), tolbutamide (Orinase), and others.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.