"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Iclusig (ponatinib) to treat adults with chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) and Philadelphia chromosome positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia (Ph+ ALL), two rare blood and bone marrow diseases."...
- Patient Information:
Details with Side Effects
Advise patients to contact a healthcare professional for any of the following:
- Signs and symptoms of infusion reactions including fever, chills, rash, or breathing problems within 24 hours of infusion [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS and ADVERSE REACTIONS]
- Bleeding, easy bruising, petechiae, pallor, worsening weakness, or fatigue [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- Signs of infections including fever and cough [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS and ADVERSE REACTIONS]
- Symptoms of hepatitis including worsening fatigue or yellow discoloration of skin or eyes [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- New neurological symptoms such as confusion, dizziness or loss of balance, difficulty talking or walking, or vision problems [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- New or worsening abdominal pain or nausea or a significant increase in feeling unwell [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- Pregnancy or nursing [see Use in Specific Populations]
Advise patients of the need for:
- Periodic monitoring for blood counts [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- Avoiding vaccination with live viral vaccines [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
Last reviewed on RxList: 10/17/2013
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Arzerra Information
Arzerra - User Reviews
Arzerra User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.