In this Article
- What other names is Ashwagandha known by?
- What is Ashwagandha?
- How does Ashwagandha work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Ashwagandha.
Do not use ashwagandha if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have a stomach ulcer.
- You have an immune system disease such as multiple sclerosis (MS), lupus (systemic lupus erythematosus, SLE), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), or other conditions called "autoimmune disease."
- You are scheduled for surgery in the next two weeks. Ashwagandha might cause excessive sedation if combined with medications used during and after surgery.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.