Asmanex Twisthaler Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Asmanex Twisthaler 120 Dose, Asmanex Twisthaler 14 Dose, Asmanex Twisthaler 30 Dose, Asmanex Twisthaler 60 Dose, Asmanex Twisthaler 7 Dose
Generic Name: mometasone inhalation (Pronunciation: moe MET a sone)
- What is mometasone inhalation (Asmanex Twisthaler)?
- What are the possible side effects of mometasone inhalation (Asmanex Twisthaler)?
- What is the most important information I should know about mometasone inhalation (Asmanex Twisthaler)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using mometasone inhalation (Asmanex Twisthaler)?
- How should I use mometasone inhalation (Asmanex Twisthaler)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Asmanex Twisthaler)?
- What happens if I overdose (Asmanex Twisthaler)?
- What should I avoid while using mometasone inhalation (Asmanex Twisthaler)?
- What other drugs will affect mometasone inhalation (Asmanex Twisthaler)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is mometasone inhalation (Asmanex Twisthaler)?
Mometasone is a steroid. It prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation.
Mometasone inhalation is used to prevent asthma attacks. It will not treat an asthma attack that has already begun.
Mometasone may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of mometasone inhalation (Asmanex Twisthaler)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- wheezing or breathing problems after using this medication;
- skin rash, bruising, severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness;
- changes in the shape or location of body fat (especially in your arms, legs, face, neck, breasts, and waist); or
- worsening asthma symptoms.
Less serious side effects may include:
- runny nose, increased sinus allergy symptoms;
- stuffy nose, sinus pain, sore throat, nosebleed;
- muscle or joint pain, back pain;
- nausea, upset stomach, loss of appetite;
- changes in menstrual periods;
- tired feeling; or
- hoarseness or deepened voice.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Asmanex Twisthaler (mometasone furoate) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects »
What is the most important information I should know about mometasone inhalation (Asmanex Twisthaler)?
Seek medical attention if you think any of your asthma medications are not working as well as usual. An increased need for medication could be an early sign of a serious asthma attack.
It may take up to 2 weeks of using this medicine before your symptoms improve. For best results, keep using the medication as directed. Talk with your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after 2 weeks of treatment.
Your dosage needs may change if you have surgery, are ill, are under stress, or have recently had an asthma attack. Do not change your medication dose or schedule without your doctor's advice.
If you were switched from an oral (taken by mouth) steroid to mometasone inhalation, you may need to go back to taking the oral medicine if you are under stress or have an asthma attack or other medical emergency. Wear a medical alert tag or carry an ID card stating that you may need an oral steroid in an emergency.
Additional Asmanex Twisthaler Information
Asmanex Twisthaler - User Reviews
Asmanex Twisthaler User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.