In this Article
- What other names is Asparagus known by?
- What is Asparagus?
- How does Asparagus work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Asparagus.
Asparagus can also cause allergic reactions when eaten as a vegetable or used on the skin.
Do not use medicinal amounts of asparagus if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have kidney disease.
- You have water retention from heart disease.
- You are allergic to plants such as onions, leeks, garlic, and chives.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.