aspirin. This chemical, known as salicin, may help reduce swelling (inflammation).
In this Article
- What other names is Aspen known by?
- What is Aspen?
- How does Aspen work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Aspen.
Don't drink alcohol while taking aspen. Alcohol can also increase the risk and severity of bleeding in the stomach and intestines.
Do not use aspen if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You are allergic to salicylates such as aspirin (Bayer).
- You have an ulcer.
- You have diabetes.
- You have gout.
- You have a blood disorder.
- You have kidney or liver disease.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.