In this Article
- What other names is Astragalus known by?
- What is Astragalus?
- Is Astragalus effective?
- How does Astragalus work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Astragalus.
Do not take astragalus if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You are an organ transplant recipient.
- You have an immune system disease such as multiple sclerosis (MS), lupus (systemic lupus erythematosus, SLE), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), or other immune system conditions called "autoimmune disease."
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.