"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced today that the agency is recommending removing the breast cancer indication from the label for Avastin (bevacizumab) because the drug has not been shown to be safe and effective for that use."...
- To undergo routine blood pressure monitoring and to contact their health care provider if blood pressure is elevated.
- To immediately contact their health care provider for unusual bleeding, high fever, rigors, sudden onset of worsening neurological function, or persistent or severe abdominal pain, severe constipation, or vomiting.
- Of increased risk of wound healing complications during and following Avastin.
- Of increased risk of an arterial thromboembolic event.
- Of the potential risk to the fetus during and following Avastin and the need to continue adequate contraception for at least 6 months following last dose of Avastin.
- Of the increased risk for ovarian failure following Avastin treatment.
Last reviewed on RxList: 9/12/2014
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Avastin Information
Avastin - User Reviews
Avastin User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get the latest treatment options.