- What other names is Avocado known by?
- What is Avocado?
- How does Avocado work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Avocado.
Possibly Effective for...
- Reducing "bad" cholesterol (LDL cholesterol).
- Increasing "good" cholesterol (HDL cholesterol).
- Treating osteoarthritis.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Healing wounds, sclerosis, promoting hair growth, stimulating menstrual flow, diarrhea, toothache, psoriasis, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Avocado work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options