"Investigators from the Women's Health Initiative (WHI) Hormone Trials are reaffirming conclusions that hormone therapy is not recommended for the prevention of chronic disease, but may remain a reasonable option for the short-term management "...
- Known or suspected pregnancy. There is no indication for AYGESTIN in pregnancy. (See PRECAUTIONS.)
- Undiagnosed vaginal bleeding Known, suspected or history of cancer of the breast
- Active deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism or history of these conditions
- Active or recent (e.g., within the past year) arterial thromboembolic disease (e.g., stroke, myocardial infarction)
- Impaired liver function or liver disease
- As a diagnostic test for pregnancy
- Hypersensitivity to any of the drug components
Last reviewed on RxList: 4/19/2016
Additional Aygestin Information
Aygestin - User Reviews
Aygestin User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.