"On April 1, 2013, the World Health Organization (WHO) first reported 3 human infections with a new influenza A (H7N9) virus in China. Since then, additional cases have been reported. Most reported cases have severe respiratory illness and, in som"...
Patients should be given the following instructions:
- Apply approximately one-half of the ointment from the single-use tube directly into 1 nostril and the other half into the other nostril;
- Avoid contact of the medication with the eyes;
- Discard the tube after using, do not re-use;
- Press the sides of the nose together and gently massage after application to spread the ointment throughout the inside of the nostrils; and
- Discontinue usage of the medication and call your health care practitioner if sensitization or severe local irritation occurs.
Last reviewed on RxList: 12/9/2008
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Bactroban Nasal Information
Bactroban Nasal - User Reviews
Bactroban Nasal User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.