- What other names is Bael known by?
- What is Bael?
- How does Bael work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Bael.
People use bael for constipation and diarrhea.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Diarrhea. Early research suggests that taking dried bael fruit powder for 3 days does not reduce the number of stools in people with diarrhea caused by an infection called shigellosis.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Bael work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.