- What other names is Barley known by?
- What is Barley?
- How does Barley work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Barley.
Possibly Effective for...
- High cholesterol.
- Preventing stomach cancer.
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Preventing cancer of the colon (bowels) or rectum.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Bronchitis, cancer prevention, diarrhea, swelling (inflammation) of the stomach or bowel, boils, increasing strength and energy, weight loss, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Barley work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Tips to keep it under control.