"April 24, 2014 -- As many as 4 in 10 Americans have sneezing, runny nose, and watery eyes due to allergies. If you're one of them, allergy shots can help ease your reaction to the plants, insects, or animals that trigger your symptoms. But they r"...
Beconase-AQ Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Beconase AQ, Qnasl
Generic Name: beclomethasone nasal (Pronunciation: BE kloe METH a sone)
- What is beclomethasone nasal (Beconase-AQ)?
- What are the possible side effects of beclomethasone nasal (Beconase-AQ)?
- What is the most important information I should know about beclomethasone nasal (Beconase-AQ)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using beclomethasone nasal (Beconase-AQ)?
- How should I use beclomethasone nasal (Beconase-AQ)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Beconase-AQ)?
- What happens if I overdose (Beconase-AQ)?
- What should I avoid while using beclomethasone nasal (Beconase-AQ)?
- What other drugs will affect beclomethasone nasal (Beconase-AQ)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is beclomethasone nasal (Beconase-AQ)?
Beclomethasone is a steroid. It prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation.
Beclomethasone nasal is used to treat nasal symptoms such as congestion, sneezing, and runny nose caused by seasonal or year-round allergies. The Beconase brand of this medication is also used to keep nasal polyps from coming back after surgery to remove them.
Beclomethasone may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of beclomethasone nasal (Beconase-AQ)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- severe or ongoing nose bleed;
- sores in the nose that won't heal;
- wheezing, trouble breathing;
- blurred vision, eye pain, or seeing halos around lights; or
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms.
Less serious side effects may include:
- sneezing, runny or stuffy nose;
- dryness or irritation in your nose or throat;
- nausea, headache, feeling light-headed;
- unpleasant taste or smell;
- mild itching or rash; or
- sores or white patches inside or around your nose.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Beconase-AQ (beclomethasone dipropionate, monohydrate) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about beclomethasone nasal (Beconase-AQ)?
Before using beclomethasone, tell your doctor if you have been sick or have had an infection of any kind. Also tell your doctor if you have glaucoma or cataracts, herpes simplex infection of your eyes, tuberculosis, sores or ulcers in your nose, or if you have recently had injury of or surgery on your nose.
It may take up to 2 weeks before your symptoms improve. Keep using the medication as directed and tell your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after 1 week of treatment.
To be sure this medication is not causing harmful effects on your nose or sinuses, your doctor may want to check your progress on a regular basis. Do not miss any scheduled visits to your doctor.
Beclomethasone nasal can lower the blood cells that help your body fight infections. Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Call your doctor for preventive treatment if you are exposed to chicken pox or measles. These conditions can be serious or even fatal in people who are using beclomethasone nasal.
Avoid getting this medication in your eyes. If this does happen, rinse with water and call your doctor.
Steroid medicines can affect growth in children. Talk with your doctor if you think your child is not growing at a normal rate while using beclomethasone nasal.
Additional Beconase-AQ Information
Beconase-AQ - User Reviews
Beconase-AQ User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.