Belladonna and Opium
"Consumers and health care professionals will soon find updated labeling for extended-release and long-acting opioid pain relievers to help ensure their safe and appropriate use.
In addition to requiring new labeling on these prescript"...
Belladonna and Opium
Belladonna and Opium Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: B & O Supprettes 15-A, B & O Supprettes 16-A
Generic Name: belladonna and opium (rectal) (Pronunciation: BEL a DON a and OH pee um)
- What is belladonna and opium (Belladonna and Opium)?
- What are the possible side effects of belladonna and opium (Belladonna and Opium)?
- What is the most important information I should know about belladonna and opium (Belladonna and Opium)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before using belladonna and opium rectal (Belladonna and Opium)?
- How should I use belladonna and opium rectal (Belladonna and Opium)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Belladonna and Opium)?
- What happens if I overdose (Belladonna and Opium)?
- What should I avoid while using belladonna and opium (Belladonna and Opium)?
- What other drugs will affect belladonna and opium (Belladonna and Opium)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is belladonna and opium (Belladonna and Opium)?
Belladonna is a natural substance made from a toxic plant. The medicinal form of belladonna has many effects in the body, such as decreasing muscle activity.
Opium is also a natural substance made from the seeds of a plant. The medicinal form of opium is an opioid pain medication. An opioid is sometimes called a narcotic.
The combination of belladonna and opium is used to treat moderate to severe pain caused by muscle spasms in the tubes that connect the kidneys to the bladder.
Belladonna and opium may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of belladonna and opium (Belladonna and Opium)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- painful or difficult urination;
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- fast heart rate;
- weak, shallow breathing;
- extreme weakness, feeling like you might pass out;
- headache, confusion; or
- severe constipation and stomach pain.
Less serious side effects may include:
- drowsiness, dizziness;
- blurred vision;
- nausea, vomiting, constipation;
- dry mouth, dry eyes;
- decreased sense of taste; or
- impotence, loss of interest in sex, or trouble having an orgasm.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Belladonna and Opium (belladonna and opium) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about belladonna and opium (Belladonna and Opium)?
Do not take belladonna and opium rectal by mouth. It is for use only in your rectum.
You should not use belladonna and opium if you have glaucoma, a muscle disorder, severe breathing problems, diarrhea caused by infection, severe liver or kidney disease, seizures, severe bleeding, a history of head injury, if you are debilitated, or if you have recently used drugs or alcohol.
There are many other drugs that should not be used together with belladonna and opium rectal. Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use.
Before using belladonna and opium, tell your doctor about all of your medical conditions.
Opium may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for. Keep the medication in a secure place where others cannot get to it.
Additional Belladonna and Opium Information
- Belladonna and Opium Drug Interactions Center: belladonna alkaloids-opium rect
- Belladonna and Opium Side Effects Center
- Belladonna and Opium Overview including Precautions
- Belladonna and Opium FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Belladonna and Opium - User Reviews
Belladonna and Opium User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Chronic Pain/Back Pain
Find tips and advances in treatment.