In this Article
- What other names is Beta-sitosterol known by?
- What is Beta-sitosterol?
- How does Beta-sitosterol work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Beta-sitosterol.
Do not use beta-sitosterol if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have a rare inherited fat storage disease called "sitosterolemia."
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.