- Thalassemia facts
- What are the thalassemias?
- What is beta thalassemia?
- What is the difference between thalassemia minor and major?
- What is Mediterranean anemia?
- What is the genetic pattern of inheritance of beta thalassemia?
- The diagnosis of thalassemia major and minor
- The treatment of thalassemia major
- Patient Comments: Beta Thalassemia - Symptoms
- Patient Comments: Beta Thalassemia - Share Your Experience
- Find a local Hematologist in your town
- Thalassemias are inherited blood disorders.
- Thalassemia patients make defective hemoglobin.
- There are two forms of beta thalassemia: thalassemia minor and thalassemia major (also called Cooley's anemia).
- Beta thalassemia is classically described in people of Italian and Greek origin.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 1/14/2014
Viewers share their comments