In this Article
- What other names is Betaine Hydrochloride known by?
- What is Betaine Hydrochloride?
- How does Betaine Hydrochloride work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Betaine Hydrochloride.
Do not take betaine hydrochloride if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have a gastric or duodenal ulcer. Betaine hydrochloride might increase stomach acid, which could make these ulcers worse.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.