In this Article
- What other names is Betaine Hydrochloride known by?
- What is Betaine Hydrochloride?
- How does Betaine Hydrochloride work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Betaine Hydrochloride.
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of betaine hydrochloride during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
Peptic ulcer disease: There is a concern that the hydrochloric acid produced from betaine hydrochloride might irritate stomach ulcers or keep them from healing.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.