"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today warned five eye care providers to stop the misleading advertising and promotion of refractive lasers used in eye surgery procedures such as LASIK. The FDA found that the providers’ advertisements "...
Betimol Side Effects Center
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
What is Patient Information in Detail?
Easy-to-read and understand detailed drug information and pill images for the patient or caregiver from Cerner Multum.
Betimol in Detail - Patient Information: Side Effects
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using this medication and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- swelling or redness of your eyelids;
- eye redness, discomfort, or sensitivity to light;
- drainage, crusting, or oozing of your eyes or eyelids;
- depressed mood, confusion, hallucinations, unusual thoughts or behavior;
- wheezing, gasping, or other breathing problems;
- swelling, rapid weight gain;
- chest pain, slow or uneven heart rate; or
- feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion.
Less serious side effects may include:
- blurred vision, double vision, drooping eyelid;
- burning or stinging in your eye;
- headache, weakness, drowsiness;
- numbness, tingling, or cold feeling in your hands or feet;
- ringing in your ears;
- dry mouth;
- nausea, diarrhea, loss of appetite, upset stomach;
- skin rash or worsening psoriasis;
- sleep problems (insomnia); or
- cough, stuffy nose.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the entire detailed patient monograph for Betimol (Timolol Ophthalmic Solution) »
What is Prescribing information?
The FDA package insert formatted in easy-to-find categories for health professionals and clinicians.
Betimol FDA Prescribing Information: Side Effects
The following adverse events were associated with use of Betimol® (timolol ophthalmic solution) in frequencies of more than 5% in two controlled, double-masked clinical studies in which 184 patients received 0.25% or 0.5% Betimol® (timolol ophthalmic solution) :
Dry eyes, itching, foreign body sensation, discomfort in the eye, eyelid erythema, conjunctival injection, and headache.
Body as a whole
The following side effects were reported in frequencies of 1 to 5%:
Body as a whole
Respiratory infection and sinusitis.
In addition, the following adverse reactions have been reported with ophthalmic use of beta blockers:
Conjunctivitis, blepharoptosis, decreased corneal sensitivity, visual disturbances including refractive changes, diplopia and retinal vascular disorder.
Body as a whole
Read the entire FDA prescribing information for Betimol (Timolol Ophthalmic Solution) »
Additional Betimol Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get breaking medical news.