In this Article
- What other names is Bifidobacteria known by?
- What is Bifidobacteria?
- How does Bifidobacteria work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Bifidobacteria.
Bifidobacteria seem to be safe in children, including those under two years of age and critically ill infants, when used for up to 8 months.
Do not use bifidobacteria without medical advice if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have a weakened immune system.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.