In this Article
- What other names is Bilberry known by?
- What is Bilberry?
- How does Bilberry work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Bilberry.
Bilberry leaf probably isn't safe for most people when taken in high doses or for a long time. If you have diabetes, keep in mind that bilberry leaf might lower blood sugar. Monitor your blood sugar closely.
Do not use bilberry in medicinal amounts if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You are scheduled for surgery in the next two weeks.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.