Bioelectric Therapy (cont.)
In this Article
- Introduction to bioelectric therapy
- What conditions are treated with bioelectric therapy?
- How effective is bioelectric therapy for pain relief?
- What happens during bioelectric therapy?
- What are the side effects of bioelectric therapy?
- How often should people get bioelectric therapy?
- How do people prepare for bioelectric therapy?
How Do I Prepare for Bioelectric Therapy?
If you are taking insulin or blood-thinning medications, your doctor may give you specific instructions to follow before getting bioelectric therapy.
You may be asked to fast before the procedure, and you may need to make arrangements for someone to drive you home after treatment.
WebMD Medical Reference
International Spine Intervention Society
Reviewed by Varnada Karriem-Norwood, MD on February 12, 2012
Last Editorial Review: 2/12/2012
Chronic Pain/Back Pain
Find tips and advances in treatment.