- What other names is Bistort known by?
- What is Bistort?
- How does Bistort work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Bistort.
Bistort is used for digestion problems, particularly diarrhea.
Some people apply bistort directly to the affected area for mouth and throat infections, and for wounds.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Digestion problems such as diarrhea, when taken by mouth.
- Mouth and throat infections, when applied directly.
- Wounds, when applied directly.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Bistort work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.