In this Article
- What other names is Bitter Melon known by?
- What is Bitter Melon?
- How does Bitter Melon work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Bitter Melon.
Bitter melon might lower blood sugar levels. If you have diabetes, be cautious combining bitter melon with your other diabetes medications. Check your blood sugar carefully.
Do not use bitter melon if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have a disorder known as glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (G6PD).
- You are scheduled for surgery in the next two weeks.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.