In this Article
- What other names is Bitter Yam known by?
- What is Bitter Yam?
- How does Bitter Yam work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Bitter Yam.
Bitter yam also contains chemicals similar to the prescription drug digoxin (Lanoxin). It could cause a dangerously irregular heartbeat.
Do not use bitter yam if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.