In this Article
- What other names is Bitter Yam known by?
- What is Bitter Yam?
- How does Bitter Yam work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Bitter Yam.
Lanoxin). These chemicals could cause a dangerously irregular heartbeat.
There isn't enough information to know whether the forms of bitter yam that are raised by farmers are safe to use as medicine, even though these forms are more likely to be free of poisonous chemicals.
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of bitter yam during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.