In this Article
- What other names is Bitter Yam known by?
- What is Bitter Yam?
- How does Bitter Yam work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Bitter Yam.
Interaction Rating: Moderate Be cautious with this combination.
Talk with your health provider.
Bitter yam contains chemicals similar to the prescription drug digoxin (Lanoxin). Taking bitter yam along with digoxin (Lanoxin) might increase the effects of digoxin (Lanoxin) and increase the risk of side effects. Do not take bitter yam if you are taking digoxin (Lanoxin) without talking to your healthcare professional.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.