"BOSTON, MA â€” Half a year of treatment with a high dose of omega-3 acid ethyl ester (Lovaza, GlaxoSmithKline) in patients with a recent MI surpassed placebo in mitigating adverse cardiac remodeling.
The Omega-3 A"...
Blocadren Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is timolol (Blocadren)?
- What are the possible side effects of timolol (Blocadren)?
- What is the most important information I should know about timolol (Blocadren)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking timolol (Blocadren)?
- How should I take timolol (Blocadren)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Blocadren)?
- What happens if I overdose (Blocadren)?
- What should I avoid while taking timolol (Blocadren)?
- What other drugs will affect timolol (Blocadren)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking timolol (Blocadren)?
Before taking timolol, tell your doctor if you have:
- asthma, bronchitis, emphysema;
- low blood pressure;
- a heart problem such as heart block, sick sinus syndrome, slow heart rate, or congestive heart failure;
- liver or kidney disease;
- a thyroid disorder;
- myasthenia gravis;
- pheochromocytoma; or
- problems with circulation (such as Raynaud's syndrome).
If you have any of these conditions, you may not be able to use timolol, or you may need a dosage adjustment or special tests during treatment.
FDA pregnancy category C. This medication may be harmful to an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
Timolol can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take timolol (Blocadren)?
Take timolol exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not take the medication in larger amounts or for longer than recommended by your doctor.
Take this medication with a full glass of water.
Take timolol at the same time every day.
Do not skip doses or stop taking timolol without first talking to your doctor. Stopping suddenly may make your condition worse.
To be sure this medication is helping your condition, your blood pressure will need to be checked on a regular basis. It is important that you not miss any scheduled visits to your doctor.
If you need to have any type of surgery, tell the surgeon that you are using timolol. You may need to briefly stop using timolol before having surgery.
Timolol is only part of a complete program of treatment for hypertension that may also include diet, exercise, and weight control. Follow your diet, medication, and exercise routines very closely if you are being treated for hypertension.
Hypertension often has no symptoms, so you may not even feel that you have high blood pressure. Continue using this medicine as directed, even if you feel well. You may need to use blood pressure medication for the rest of your life.
Store timolol at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Additional Blocadren Information
- Blocadren Drug Interactions Center: timolol maleate oral
- Blocadren Side Effects Center
- Blocadren Overview including Precautions
- Blocadren FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Blocadren - User Reviews
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.