" Overweight and obesity are defined as abnormal or excessive fat accumulation that may impair health.
Body mass index (BMI) is a simple index of weight-for-height that is commonly used to classi"...
Bontril PDM Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Adipost, Bontril PDM, Bontril Slow Release, Melfiat
Generic Name: phendimetrazine (Pronunciation: fen di MEH tra zeen)
- What is phendimetrazine (Bontril PDM)?
- What are the possible side effects of phendimetrazine (Bontril PDM)?
- What is the most important information I should know about phendimetrazine (Bontril PDM)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking phendimetrazine (Bontril PDM)?
- How should I take phendimetrazine (Bontril PDM)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Bontril PDM)?
- What happens if I overdose (Bontril PDM)?
- What should I avoid while taking phendimetrazine (Bontril PDM)?
- What other drugs will affect phendimetrazine (Bontril PDM)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is phendimetrazine (Bontril PDM)?
Phendimetrazine is similar to an amphetamine. Phendimetrazine stimulates the central nervous system (nerves and brain), which increases your heart rate and blood pressure and decreases your appetite.
Phendimetrazine is used as a short-term supplement to diet and exercise in the treatment of obesity.
Phendimetrazine may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
round, green/yellow, imprinted with B 35, V
Bontril Slow Release 105 mg-AMA
green/yellow, imprinted with A, 047
green/yellow, imprinted with C, 8647
What are the possible side effects of phendimetrazine (Bontril PDM)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using phendimetrazine and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- chest pain, feeling like you might pass out;
- swelling in your ankles or feet;
- pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest;
- confusion or irritability, unusual thoughts or behavior;
- feelings of extreme happiness or sadness; or
- dangerously high blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision, buzzing in your ears, anxiety, confusion, chest pain, shortness of breath, uneven heartbeats, seizure).
Less serious side effects may include:
- feeling restless or hyperactive;
- headache, dizziness, tremors;
- sleep problems (insomnia);
- flushing (warmth, redness, or tingly feeling);
- dry mouth;
- diarrhea or constipation, upset stomach; or
- increased or decreased interest in sex, impotence.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Bontril PDM (phendimetrazine tartrate tablets) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about phendimetrazine (Bontril PDM)?
Weight loss during pregnancy can harm an unborn baby, even if you are overweight. Do not use phendimetrazine if you are pregnant.
Phendimetrazine may cause blurred vision or impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert and able to see clearly.
Phendimetrazine may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person for whom it was prescribed. Keep the medication in a secure place where others cannot get to it.
Do not stop using phendimetrazine suddenly after long-term use, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Ask your doctor how to avoid withdrawal symptoms when you stop using phendimetrazine.
Do not crush, chew, break, or open the extended-release capsule. Swallow it whole. Breaking or opening the pill may cause too much of the drug to be released at one time.
Additional Bontril PDM Information
Bontril PDM - User Reviews
Bontril PDM User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.