"U.S. Marshals, acting on behalf of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, today seized tainted dietary supplements from Globe All Wellness, LLC (Globe All), in Hollywood, Fla. The products may be unsafe because they contain an undisclosed active "...
Bontril SR Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is phendimetrazine (Bontril SR)?
- What are the possible side effects of phendimetrazine (Bontril SR)?
- What is the most important information I should know about phendimetrazine (Bontril SR)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking phendimetrazine (Bontril SR)?
- How should I take phendimetrazine (Bontril SR)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Bontril SR)?
- What happens if I overdose (Bontril SR)?
- What should I avoid while taking phendimetrazine (Bontril SR)?
- What other drugs will affect phendimetrazine (Bontril SR)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking phendimetrazine (Bontril SR)?
Do not use phendimetrazine if you have used an MAO inhibitor such as furazolidone (Furoxone), isocarboxazid (Marplan), phenelzine (Nardil), rasagiline (Azilect), selegiline (Eldepryl, Emsam, Zelapar), or tranylcypromine (Parnate) in the last 14 days. A dangerous drug interaction could occur, leading to serious side effects.
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to phendimetrazine, or if you have:
- a history of heart disease (coronary artery disease, heart rhythm problems, congestive heart failure, pulmonary hypertension);
- heart murmur or heart valve disorder;
- severe or uncontrolled high blood pressure;
- overactive thyroid;
- severe agitation or nervousness;
- if you have a history of drug or alcohol abuse; or
- if you are allergic to other diet pills, amphetamines, stimulants, or cold medications.
To make sure you can safely take phendimetrazine, tell your doctor if you have any of these other conditions:
- high blood pressure;
- kidney disease;
- an anxiety disorder;
- epilepsy or seizure disorder; or
- if you have used other diet pills in the past year (prescription, over-the-counter, or herbal products).
Phendimetrazine may be habit forming and should be used only by the person for whom it was prescribed. Never share phendimetrazine with another person, especially someone with a history of drug abuse or addiction. Keep the medication in a place where others cannot get to it.
FDA pregnancy category X. Weight loss during pregnancy can harm an unborn baby, even if you are overweight. Do not use phendimetrazine if you are pregnant. Tell your doctor right away if you become pregnant during treatment.
It is not known whether phendimetrazine passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. You should not breast-feed while you are using phendimetrazine.
Phendimetrazine should not be given to a child younger than 17 years old.
How should I take phendimetrazine (Bontril SR)?
Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label. Phendimetrazine should be taken only for a short time, such as a few weeks.
Phendimetrazine is usually taken once daily. Follow your doctor's instructions.
Take phendimetrazine on an empty stomach, 30 to 60 minutes before your morning meal.
Do not crush, chew, break, or open the extended-release capsule. Swallow it whole. Breaking or opening the pill may cause too much of the drug to be released at one time.
You should lose at least 4 pounds during the first 4 weeks of taking phendimetrazine and eating a low calorie diet. Tell your doctor if you do not lose at least 4 pounds after taking the medication for 4 weeks.
Do not stop using phendimetrazine suddenly after long-term use, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Ask your doctor how to avoid withdrawal symptoms when you stop using phendimetrazine.
Never take more of this medication than is prescribed for you. Too much phendimetrazine could be very dangerous to your health. Talk with your doctor if you have increased hunger or if you otherwise think the medication is not working properly. Taking more of this medication will not make it more effective and can cause serious, life-threatening side effects.
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat. Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
Additional Bontril SR Information
Bontril SR - User Reviews
Bontril SR User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.