"European Union (EU) regulators have recommended market approval of a combination bacterial and viral vaccine (Vaxelis, Sanofi Pasteur) that immunizes children against six different disorders.
The new injectable vaccine is indic"...
The patient, parent, or guardian should be:
- informed of the potential benefits and risks of immunization with BOOSTRIX.
- informed about the potential for adverse reactions that have been temporally associated with administration of BOOSTRIX or other vaccines containing similar components.
- instructed to report any adverse events to their healthcare provider.
- informed that safety and efficacy have not been established in pregnant women. Register women who receive BOOSTRIX while pregnant in the pregnancy registry by calling 1-888452- 9622.
- given the Vaccine Information Statements, which are required by the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986 to be given prior to immunization. These materials are available free of charge at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website (www.cdc.gov/vaccines).
Last reviewed on RxList: 3/2/2017
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Boostrix Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.