- What other names is Boron known by?
- What is Boron?
- How does Boron work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Boron.
Likely Effective for...
- Preventing boron deficiency.
Possibly Effective for...
- Vaginal infections. The most common form of boron called boric acid is applied vaginally for these infections.
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Body building.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Bone loss (osteoporosis), improving thinking and coordination in older people, and increasing testosterone.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Boron work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.