- What other names is Bovine Cartilage known by?
- What is Bovine Cartilage?
- How does Bovine Cartilage work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Bovine Cartilage.
Possibly Effective for...
- Treating poison oak and poison ivy.
- Treating acne.
- Treating skin conditions such as psoriasis.
- Treating hemorrhoids, rectal tears, and anal itching.
- Treating osteoarthritis when given under the skin.
- Treating rheumatoid arthritis.
- Treating "dry socket" after tooth extraction.
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Treating osteoarthritis when given in the muscle.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Ulcerative colitis, cancer, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options