Brief Psychotic Disorder (cont.)
In this Article
- What are the symptoms of brief psychotic disorder?
- What causes brief psychotic disorder?
- How common is brief psychotic disorder?
- How is brief psychotic disorder diagnosed?
- How is brief psychotic disorder treated?
- What is the prognosis for people with brief psychotic disorder?
- Can brief psychotic disorder be prevented?
- Find a local Psychiatrist in your town
What Is the Outlook for People with Brief Psychotic Disorder?
Brief psychotic disorder, by definition, lasts for less than one month, after which most people recover fully. Some people, however, may have recurrent episodes of psychotic symptoms, but this is rare.
Can Brief Psychotic Disorder Be Prevented?
There is no known way to prevent brief psychotic disorder. However, early diagnosis and treatment can help decrease the disruption to the person's life, family, and friendships.
WebMD Medical Reference
Reviewed by Joseph Goldberg, MD on February 14, 2012
Get tips on therapy and treatment.