In this Article
- What other names is Bromelain known by?
- What is Bromelain?
- How does Bromelain work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Bromelain.
Do not take bromelain if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You are allergic to pineapple, wheat, celery, papain, carrot, fennel, cypress pollen, or grass pollen.
- You are allergic to ragweed, mums, daisies, or similar plants.
- You are scheduled for surgery in the next two weeks. Bromelain might increase the risk of bleeding.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options