Table of Contents
- Acute bronchitis facts
- Acute bronchitis definition
- What is, and what are the causes of acute bronchitis?
- What are the symptoms of acute bronchitis?
- What are the risk factors for acute bronchitis?
- Is acute bronchitis contagious?
- How is acute bronchitis diagnosed?
- What treatments are there for acute bronchitis?
- Acute bronchitis home remedies
- Acute bronchitis medications
- When should I contact my doctor about acute bronchitis?
- What are the possible complications of acute bronchitis?
Acute bronchitis medications
The following medication(s) may be helpful for individuals with acute bronchitis.
- Cough suppressants
- NSAIDs and/or acetaminophen
- Antibiotic(s); only if indicated by a suspected or diagnosed bacterial cause
- Caution: check with a pediatric doctor before use of drugs in young children Continue Reading
10/11Reviewed on 1/21/2015
Lung Disease/COPD Resources
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication