View Table of Contents
- Acute bronchitis definition
- What are the causes of acute bronchitis?
- What are the symptoms of acute bronchitis?
- What are the risk factors for acute bronchitis?
- Is acute bronchitis contagious?
- How is acute bronchitis diagnosed?
- What treatments are there for acute bronchitis?
- Acute bronchitis home remedies
- Acute bronchitis medications
- When should I contact my doctor about acute bronchitis?
- What are the possible complications of acute bronchitis?
Acute bronchitis medications
The following medication(s) may be helpful for individuals with acute bronchitis:
- Cough suppressants
- NSAID's and/or acetaminophen
- Antibiotic(s); only if indicated by a suspected or diagnosed bacterial cause
- Caution: check with a pediatric doctor before use of drugs in young children
Reviewed on 4/30/2014