Symptom Checker: Symptoms & Signs Index
Medical Author: Melissa Conrad Stöppler, MD
Bronchitis is an inflammation of the bronchial tubes, or airways that lead to the lungs. Acute bronchitis is sometimes referred to as a chest cold and can be caused by several types of viruses. Bacterial infections can also cause acute bronchitis. Symptoms include shortness of breath, cough, chest pain, chest soreness, sore throat, watery eyes, fatigue, mild headache, chills, and body aches. Fever may be present. The cough may bring up sputum, known as a productive cough.
Health concern on your mind? Visit the Symptom Checker.
United States. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "Bronchitis (Chest Cold)." Sept. 30, 2013. <http://www.cdc.gov/getsmart/antibiotic-use/uri/bronchitis.html>.
Main Article on Bronchitis Symptoms and Signs
Bronchitis Symptoms and Signs
Examples of Medications for Bronchitis Symptoms and Signs
- albuterol, Ventolin, Proventil, Proventil-HFA, AccuNeb, Vospire, ProAir
- beclomethasone hfa inhaler - oral, Qvar
- budesonide inhaler, Pulmicort Turbuhaler, Pulmicort Respules
- fluticasone and salmeterol oral inhaler, Advair Diskus, Advair HFA
- fluticasone propionate oral inhaler, Flovent (Discontinued), Flovent Diskus, Flovent HFA
- formoterol powder in capsule - oral inhalation, Foradil
- methylprednisolone, Medrol, Depo-Medrol, Solu-Medrol
- mometasone, Elocon
- prednisone, Deltasone, Liquid Pred
- salmeterol, Serevent
Find out what women really need.