"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Adempas (riociguat) to treat adults with two forms of pulmonary hypertension.
Pulmonary hypertension is caused by abnormally high blood pressure in the arteries of the lungs. It make"...
Brovana Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Brovana
Generic Name: arformoterol inhalation (Pronunciation: ar for MOE ter ole)
- What is arformoterol inhalation (Brovana)?
- What are the possible side effects of arformoterol inhalation (Brovana)?
- What is the most important information I should know about arformoterol inhalation (Brovana)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using arformoterol inhalation (Brovana)?
- How should I use arformoterol inhalation (Brovana)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Brovana)?
- What happens if I overdose (Brovana)?
- What should I avoid while using arformoterol inhalation (Brovana)?
- What other drugs will affect arformoterol inhalation (Brovana)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is arformoterol inhalation (Brovana)?
Arformoterol is a bronchodilator. It works by relaxing muscles in the airways to improve breathing.
Arformoterol inhalation is used to prevent bronchoconstriction in people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including chronic bronchitis and emphysema. Arformoterol will not treat a bronchospasm attack that has already begun.
Arformoterol may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of arformoterol inhalation (Brovana)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- bronchospasm (wheezing, chest tightness, trouble breathing);
- chest pain, fast or pounding heart beats, restless feeling, tremor;
- feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- swelling, rapid weight gain;
- white patches or sores inside your mouth or on your lips; or
- dry mouth, increased thirst, drowsiness, restless feeling, confusion, nausea, vomiting, increased urination, muscle pain or weakness, fast heart rate, feeling light-headed, or fainting.
Less serious side effects may include:
- weakness; headache, sleep problems (insomnia);
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea;
- leg cramps;
- stuffy nose; or
- hoarseness or deepened voice.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Brovana (arformoterol tartrate inhalation solution) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about arformoterol inhalation (Brovana)?
Call your doctor right away if you feel that this medicine is not working as well as usual, or if you think you need to use more than usual. An increased need for medication could be an early sign that your condition is getting worse.
Salmeterol, a medicine similar to arformoterol, has been shown to increase the risk of asthma-related death. It is not known whether arformoterol could cause this same effect in people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Use only the prescribed dose of this medication, and do not use it for longer than your doctor recommends. Follow all patient instructions for safe use. Talk with your doctor about your individual risks and benefits of using arformoterol inhalation.
Additional Brovana Information
- Brovana Drug Interactions Center: arformoterol inhl
- Brovana Side Effects Center
- Brovana Overview including Precautions
- Brovana FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Brovana - User Reviews
Brovana User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.