In this Article
- What other names is Bugleweed known by?
- What is Bugleweed?
- How does Bugleweed work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Bugleweed.
Bugleweed might lower blood sugar. If you have diabetes, use bugleweed cautiously, watch for symptoms of low blood sugar, and check your blood sugar carefully. The dose of your diabetes medications may need to be adjusted.
Do not take bugleweed if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have certain types of thyroid disease such as an enlarged thyroid, your thyroid doesn't function fully (thyroid hypofunction), or you are taking other thyroid treatments.
- You are scheduled for surgery in the next two weeks.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.