- What other names is Bugleweed known by?
- What is Bugleweed?
- How does Bugleweed work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Bugleweed.
Bugleweed is used to lower high levels of thyroid hormones (hyperthyroidism). It is also used to treat premenstrual syndrome; breast pain; nervousness; trouble sleeping (insomnia); and bleeding, especially nosebleeds and heavy bleeding during menstruation.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
- Trouble sleeping (insomnia).
- High levels of thyroid hormones (hyperthyroidism).
- Breast pain.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Bugleweed work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.