"Repeated subcutaneous injections of botulinum toxin A (Botox, Allergan) provides analgesic relief to patients with neuropathic pain, a new randomized controlled trial has shown.
The study showed that two series of injections "...
Buprenex Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Buprenex
Generic Name: buprenorphine (injection) (Pronunciation: byoo pre NOR feen)
- What is buprenorphine injection (Buprenex)?
- What are the possible side effects of buprenorphine injection (Buprenex)?
- What is the most important information I should know about buprenorphine (Buprenex)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using buprenorphine (Buprenex)?
- How should I use buprenorphine (Buprenex)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Buprenex)?
- What happens if I overdose (Buprenex)?
- What should I avoid while using buprenorphine (Buprenex)?
- What other drugs will affect buprenorphine injection (Buprenex)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is buprenorphine injection (Buprenex)?
Buprenorphine is an opioid pain medication. An opioid is sometimes called a narcotic.
Buprenorphine is used to treat moderate to severe pain.
Buprenorphine may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of buprenorphine injection (Buprenex)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Like other narcotic medicines, buprenorphine can slow your breathing. Death may occur if breathing becomes too weak.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- weak or shallow breathing, feeling light-headed, fainting;
- blue lips or fingernails;
- confusion, feelings of extreme happiness;
- fast or slow heart rate; or
- urinating less than usual or not at all.
Less serious side effects may include:
- dizziness, spinning sensation, weakness, tired feeling;
- nausea, vomiting, constipation;
- increased sweating, numbness or tingly feeling;
- headache, depressed mood; or
- blurred vision, double vision.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Buprenex (buprenorphine) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about buprenorphine (Buprenex)?
Like other narcotic medicines, buprenorphine can slow your breathing. Death may occur if breathing becomes too weak. Using buprenorphine improperly will increase your risk of serious side effects or death. Follow all dosing instructions carefully. Tell your doctor if the medicine seems to stop working as well in relieving your pain.
Do not use buprenorphine with other narcotic pain medications or sedatives, tranquilizers, sleeping pills, muscle relaxers, or other medicines that can make you sleepy or slow your breathing. Dangerous side effects may result.
Do not drink alcohol. Buprenorphine can increase the effects of alcohol, which could be dangerous.
Buprenorphine may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for.
Additional Buprenex Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Chronic Pain/Back Pain
Find tips and advances in treatment.