"What are anxiety medications and how do they work?
Anxiety is both a normal and useful response to potentially stressful or dangerous situations. It helps by increasing our awareness of what's going on around us and in other ways. For"...
- Patient Information:
Details with Side Effects
To assure safe and effective use of BuSpar (buspirone) , the following information and instructions should be given to patients:
- Inform your physician about any medications, prescription or non-prescription, alcohol, or drugs that you are now taking or plan to take during your treatment with BuSpar (buspirone) .
- Inform your physician if you are pregnant, or if you are planning to become pregnant, or if you become pregnant while you are taking BuSpar (buspirone) .
- Inform your physician if you are breast-feeding an infant.
- Until you experience how this medication affects you, do not drive a car or operate potentially dangerous machinery.
- You should take BuSpar (buspirone hydrochloride) consistently, either always with or always without food.
- During your treatment with BuSpar (buspirone) , avoid drinking large amounts of grapefruit juice.
(buspirone HCl, USP)
Patient Instruction Sheet
HOW TO USE:
(buspirone HCl, USP)
15 mg and 30 mg Tablets in convenient DIVIDOSE® tablet form
Response to buspirone varies among individuals. Your physician may find it necessary to adjust your dosage to obtain the proper response.
This DIVIDOSE tablet design makes dosage adjustments easy. Each tablet is scored and can be broken accurately to provide any of the following dosages.
|If your doctor prescribed the 30 mg tablet:||If your doctor prescribed the 15 mg tablet:|
|30 mg (the entire tablet)||15 mg (the entire tablet)|
|20 mg (two thirds of a tablet)||10 mg (two thirds of a tablet)|
|10 mg (one third of a tablet)||5 mg (one third of a tablet)|
|15 mg (one half of a tablet)||7.5 mg (one half of a tablet)|
|#822 on 15 mg and 824 on 30 mg tablet|
To break a DIVIDOSE tablet accurately and easily, hold the tablet between your thumbs and index fingers close to the appropriate tablet score (groove) as shown in the photo.
Then, with the tablet score facing you, apply pressure and snap the tablet segments apart (segments breaking incorrectly should not be used).
Last reviewed on RxList: 12/13/2010
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Buspar Information
Buspar - User Reviews
Buspar User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on therapy and treatment.